Nov 22, 2015

Canola Flowers in Spring @ Daejeo, Busan

The vast field of canola flowers
Canola flower is something I did not expect when I was in Korea. Instead I was expecting pink sakura flowers blooming. But to my disappointment, most of the flowers already dead by the time we reach Busan and Seoul. Basically, the trees already botak when we were in Busan but still managed to catch a glimpse in Seoul. Kind of sad and disappointed but as my friend said, why sad when I had seen the best sakura in Japan.

So I was glad that instead of the pink flowers, we caught the yellow flowers instead. Also thanks to this friend who pointed out where to catch the flowers in its full glory. We picked the best day with the best weather to see the flowers at the farm near to Busan town. It's actually quite easy to reach via the subway and it is a walking distance from the train station. You can actually see the farm from the train before approaching the station.
No tripod, so have to improvise using boxes available at the farm. 


We were lucky that the sun came out to greet us after hiding for the last few days in Busan

Looks at all the paper windmills

One of the few decent photos that my hubby managed to take

The farm reminds me of Sekinchan

We walked a bit to the canola flowers farm and since it was only 10am, the crowd had not come yet and we had the place to our own for quite some time. But the sad part was, i brought my tripod but my husband forgot to put in the tripod head, so instead of getting nice photos, I had to use the boxes and other stuff as the tripod. Was a bit sad but it did not dampened my mood to snap nice photos away.

Actually was quite impressed that my husband managed to snap some good photos of me, haha.


To get to the canola farm, take the metro line 3 and stop at Gangseo-Gu Office.

4 comments:

  1. is it still bloom on 11 th april?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be as I was there on 13 April last year.

      Delete
  2. Hi can I know the Subway station? still bloom on 25/4?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The subway station is Ganseo-Gu Office. Not sure whether it still bloom on 25/4 but the flowers should be there as long as it was not harvested.

    ReplyDelete