Mar 5, 2011

Roars of the Niagara Falls


view from Prospect Point


The video is taken by my dad to show how thundering and loud the falls can be

Niagara Falls is the largest waterfall in the world and situated at the border of US and Canada. We managed only to see the falls from the US side as we need visa to crossover to Toronto. The trip was in 2007, my first ever country beside Asia. The falls on the American side consist of the Bridal Veil, Horseshoe falls and American Falls.

The best time to visit Niagara Falls is actually during summer when the Maid of Mist is operating. Maid of Mist is the boat operator that takes tourists to see the falls closer. Practically I was wet from head to toe at the temperature about 3-4 degrees Celcius during the boat ride. I remembered that I read somewhere that Niaraga Falls had not been frozen during winter since 1910s. Seeing the falls upclose is surreal and made me realised that time never stops for anyone.


my favourite flower, tulips!





American falls




cave of the winds


all wrap up
getting ready for the boat ride



view from the Maid of the Mist




falls upclose

Another must to see things at Niagara Falls is the night scene. During summer, there are light that illuminate the falls at night which gives a mystical feel for the viewer. My regret is I didnt drag along my tripod to take a better view of the falls at night. For the best view of the falls is of course from the Canadian side.


colourful lights




frozen falls during 1911 (pic taken off the web)

1 comment:

  1. wow...its so beautiful! especially the night ones, with pretty lights. & not forgetting the blooming tulips

    ReplyDelete