Jun 21, 2012

My Secret Affair with Coach

Seriously I was kind of a late bloomer for this Coach brand and I didn't even own one even though I went to the factory outlet in Las Vegas back in 2007. It was until my friend asked me whether I got myself a Coach bag after I came back, only I did some googling and found out. Apparently, that time in Malaysia, Coach was still considered a very luxury item and there were only a few shops in KL.


Then when I went to US again during winter 2008 that I managed to grab my first ever Coach bag from the Florida factory outlet. It was made from jeans material and I love it! Even then, the secret affair had not begun. I am still very much a un Coach person :)

Then I got my second one after asking a friend to get from me when she went to New York in 2009. It was a classic brown for work.

The first two bags are the signature Coach bags with lots of C. Back then, I wanted something to show that it was Coach, haha. So kiasu!



The third and fourth were gotten from my New York trip in 2011. I was crazy for leather as it makes it more classy and durable for work. I basically spent 3 hours in Coach factory outlet in Woodbury, New York alone.  I had been using the brown leather bag for work and it's one of my favorites. The white leather bag, I used it occasionally only when I went out.



The last two bags were gotten from my recent trip and this time I bought a few extra for business, hehe. I got the coral red sling bag for my casual outing and the beige one for work. Still they are much cheaper comparing to Malaysia and some are not even available in the boutiques in KL.



 

There were some wristlets and purse I got for myself as well. I am currently using the purple purse and thinking of selling the beige..hmm...

Recently, there were many websites offering to sell Coach bags and how exactly to know whether it's an authentic. There are a few ways:


1. There is a serial number inside the bag and you can call up any Coach shops and check out the serial number for authenticity.


2. Notice that the Cs are arrange in a very structured way. Can check out the photos above and you will know what I mean. 


3. Every Coach bag will have a small tag at the side and you can feel the Coach word with your fingers. 


4. All Coach bags are made in China and basically you can see this inside the bag near to the zipper,
This is a Coach bag. It was handcrafted in China from natural cowhide leather. The variations in the grain are characteristic of full-grain leather. It's superior craftsmanship and attention to detail reflect our commitment to enduring quality."

0 comments:

Post a Comment