Feb 9, 2009

Stockholm (30-2 Feb 2009)



All I can describe about Stockholm is that she really reminds me off Venice with the narrow street and cobblestones in Gamla Stan, part of old town. I was a day early with SW suppose to fly the next day from Krakow. It's really good to be able to travel with her again as she's really a good travel buddy and we truly enjoy each other company.



Old town at night



Stockholm at Night


I reached Stockholm at night and having some trouble trying to look for the hostel as the roads are a bit confusing. Nevertheless by the time I reached the hostel, the 8 bed room that I had booked was only left with 1 bed. I was sharing the bunker with an American girl who studied in Amsterdam and my neighbours were Germans. So we chatted a bit on Germany before I retired to bed. I had the whole day tomorrow to explore Stockholm




At Riddersholmen



The city hall at sunset. I was trying to take the best shot when there were a sudden bunch of tourist rushing to take the same view I was taking


I put on my alarm at 8am but the actual fact it was already 9am in Stockholm as it is an hour early than UK. Anyway I love walking around the town early in the morning before the place was bustled with throngs of tourists and locals as I was staying quite near to the shopping area. And I burst my bag by buying too many mini skirts at the Zara kids section !!(yes I can wear teenage girls clothes)


It was snowing but I didnt mind it too much as it was quite light and I was still able to walk around





Narrow streets of Gamla Stan

another view of Old town


the palace






view from top of Katarihasen




One of the famous church

Finally SW arrive and we went to some sushi restaurant and we even had extra bowl of rice foc. I think the lady boss must be thinking that we really enjoy the food. Off course we do as we went back the second time before I left for UK

On the second day we decided to go to this Drottningholm Palace somewhere outskirt of Stockholm which we can only reach by bus. The whole place is covered in snow and since this is where the royal family stays, I was secretly wishing to bump into some cute prince..:) but too bad there were none. I think they were hibernating during this winter period.


snow covering the dead leaves



Drottningholm Palace



trying to get a postcard view


The last day we went to Skansen and Nordiska Museum and manage to capture thise view on the way back. Seriously gorgeous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment